Van Phuc Silk Village Hanoi is renowned for its traditional silk weaving techniques and high-quality products, making it one of the most visited craft villages in Vietnam. Established over a century ago, this tranquil locale is home to massive banyan trees, wells, communal houses, and local artisans producing a wide range of apparel and souvenirs using traditional looms. Van Phuc was first introduced to the European market between 1931 and 1932 during an international silk exhibition in Marseille, France, where its silk products had gained popularity amongst traders due to its smooth and lightweight texture. Today, this village doesn’t only sell their products to tourists in Hanoi, but also export them to many regions across the world.
- Distance from Manh’s house: 12 km to the Southeast (on the way back Hanoi city)
- What you can get: Visit handmade silk village, shopping a lot of beautiful silk stuffs with high quality (clothes, ties, crafts, dress…..)
- Take by Grab taxi: 23 minutes, estimated costs 97.000 vnd/ way (year of 2019)
- Total time visit: 1.5- 2.5 hours
- Entrance fee: Free
- Service: local service, shopkeepers can speak some English, you should use an online translator if need.